22 July 2006

Window

The joy that 54 inch panels bring

What's the big deal about this picture? Simply put, THANK YOU GRAMMA for the curtains! I finally washed them and hang them up and I am so thrilled with them... they keep out light better at night while still keeping the room bright during the day (it's my paradox and I'm happy with it, thank you). They're 54" which are hard to find, but I really wanted that because Matisse has a habit of snagging the ends of the 63" drapes I had in the living room. 54" doesn't keep him from trying to reach the drapes but he's not tall enough to reach up to the ends. Neener neener!

O. And they are washable.

I suppose this is when you know you are an adult, when you are thrilled beyond what you thought possible for two small drapes over the bedroom window.

4 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Hooray for drapes! And cats.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay!!! Heh, that's as good a definition of adulthood as any and better than some. :)

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

Ditto what Chris said. And I still want your Granma to adopt me. I'm really not to old. Really. I'm not.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Sunidesus said...

Yay curtains!

What is it with being "grown up" that makes practical presents suddenly wonderful? It's weird I tell you!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home