18 July 2006

Tuesdays are for Self Portraits

PRETTY Picasso. Ahem.

Very often, catchenage serve as mirrors, I think. They hover when you feel ill. They sit on you when you feel contented. They play with you when you just want to sleep. They trip you when you want to cook. They eat your yarn when you really want to knit. They drink your bath water when you're tubbing. They run out when you want them to stay in. They stay in when you give them permission to run out. They snuggle up close when it's really past time to get up and you should get up now, you know this, but they are so snuggly and warm and purrtastic and and and.

And sometimes, sometimes, they share their joy with the world in an unabashed and unashamed way. And they let you share in with that moment with them.

I love this picture so much. When I look upon it, even in the middle of feeling pretty sick and mostly tired, I cannot help but smile and feel a little bit of that pure joy.

And that smile within yourself I hope you're feeling right now? That's the real portrait for today.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

That has to be, by far, the greatest smiling cat photo I have ever seen. The squinty eyes and smile are priceless, absolutely priceless.
Just so you know, I'm stealing it was my desktop wallpaper at work, and I'll probably send it out to a couple of dozen cat friends.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That picture made me smile a whole bunch. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ann

4:17 PM  
Blogger Sunidesus said...

Lovely photo!

Such a beautiful & happy cat!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

A beautiful post and one of the best cat pictures I've ever seen! Cute Overload material. :)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

That is one of the best catchen pictures I have ever seen. I could not help but smile when I saw it!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home