15 July 2006

Omnipresent

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I forwarded all of them to my sinus cavities. I hope that you know, someday I'll have a life without infected sinuses. Not that I'm bitter or anything that it's now six months and change. Nope. Not aggravated in the least nor do I have a hateon for the ent who cancelled on me. Nope. I don't know what you're talking about.

Right now I'm not feeling too bad. More wiped out than anything really, and the pain of the migraines are gone though my right sinus cavity, between the eye and the jaw, yes that one, is feeling as overfull as ever, and I am dealing with that. You know, short of creating a new hole for the cavity. Forcibly. Maybe with a straw, like those orange juice commercials. Then somebody could drink from it, like that one weird Star Trek: The Next Generation episode. Slurp slurp, infection gone!

People on medication have strange thoughts, and that's the story I'm sticking to.

In between weird British movies and unplanned naps on the sofa, I've managed to knit a little bit on bucket hat #2 using Sugar 'n Cream in hot blue for the brim.

And I even got around to dyeing cotton yarn using Wilton's and lets just say it'll take a lot more work for it to even approach my dream of dark deep red... Right now it's more in the arena of "lurid light pink" which I'm guessing won't go with my red shoes. Foo.

Hey, if anyone has pointers for how to force white cotton to become red I'd love to hear them, or to read links.... Thanks! Or you know, cotton yarn in a good red I could get for a couple pennies... That would work too. Grin.

Tomorrow: the gramma comes to visit. Yay!

5 Comments:

Blogger MEC said...

Star Trek, hmmm. What we need is a transporter so we can send you through it and leave all those sinus-infection-causing germs behind.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I can see a new tv series coming out of all of this: "When Sinuses Attack!"

5:04 PM  
Anonymous katie said...

Rit dye should get your cotton a dark red, especially if you soak it on the stovetop.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Cookie said...

Is Wilton even colorfast on cotton? :? I know Scout needed a fixative when they used Kool Aid. Good luck finding a red, sweetie. I think that's one of the harder colors.

I hope the sinuses start to behave soon. I know it sucks when your head is holding you hostage.

*hugs*

9:35 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh ho, now your red question is making more sense! Alas, Wilton's is not colorfast on cotton (and its reds are not so colorfast on wool, either).

Um, your unorthodox idea for clearing your sinuses could probably be a reality tv show. Isn't THAT a scary thought?!

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home