14 July 2006

In Sickness and in Health

The crapass part about being sick is that you have no choice in it. You're seized by the SICK and you shake when you are shaken and you urgle when you are urghled.

Thursday afternoon, I had a migraine on my left size, unusual both in its scope and its location. I had taken some Imitrex and yet it continued unabated. Like one of those borg creatures.

The good thing about being alone in Champaign-Urbana is that my mother could take me to the hospital, and take me she did where I got diagnosed with a healthy case of a sinus infection, and a migraine. Antibiotics for the first, morphine and phernagan for the latter.

And I realized I must really have been in denial about the sinuses, especially looking at Wednesday's entry when I complained about how full my sinuses were. Sigh.

Today was equally crapass waking up and tossing all the cookies I had in my system and then more, and revisiting the horrid left side migraine, with another visit to the hospital, where this time I got a cat scan and was pronounced to be brainproblemfree which is both great and sucky.

Much appreciation for my gramma, who drove me to the hosptial this time and hovered at home as only a gramma can, and for my mother, who brought me food.

Needless to say I didn't knit or work today, and I feel especially bad about the not working.

6 Comments:

Anonymous janine said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. Thinking of you

6:05 PM  
Anonymous katie said...

Uhg. I hope you're feeling better soon--migraines are so mysterious that the figuring out can be as much trouble as the pain. I hope both sort themselves out soon.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

Awww, hope you feel better soon. Migranes are a b&$@*.
Do you think it would be ok to borrow your granma next time I get sick? I need one of those.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

You poor thing..work shmork, you need to take time off sometimes when you are sick to recover.

Hugs..feel better soon.

Ann

9:01 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Owowow! Oh, you poor thing!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

*hug*

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home