06 July 2006

Fruition

Do you ever try to bring your visions to life, and struggle with the expression?




Perhaps the best medium to try to express my thoughts, my ideas about this scarf I have in mind isn't through watercolor. But it's an interesting challenge isn't it, to try to communicate what you want and what you're looking for, without the benefit of the materials you need.




Because I don't have them. I have in mind this Rowan kidsilk haze scarf, perhaps a tube, perhaps flat, but nonetheless some sort of largeish airy squishable thing, with 2 strands of the Rowan kidsilk haze held together, with the pink being dominant and other random colors being held with it, changing at different intervals.



Is this a crazy idea to start with? I wish I could test it more effectively, I have only the pink Rowan kidsilk haze and a single half skein of lavender. Does anyone have any leftovers they'd like to offload? We could trade! Or something. I would be deeply grateful....

But really, as much as I love the yarn thing and the project planning and the happy joy that is the noncompletion of the orange strap and yet another date with the sinus migraine fairy, there are more important things.

Such as the starting of a job tomorrow! Wish me luck. I'll be proofreading and editing, and doing my best to ignore the lys that's right on the way home from work.

4 Comments:

Anonymous janine said...

No it's not a crazy idea at all in fact in this months simply knitting ( a UK Publication) there is a pixie style hat that is colour graduated and the effect is acheives by knitting two strands of kid silk haze with one strand of scottish tweed. The KSH is alternated every few rows so that you drop one strand of the two and add another in a different colour, do a few more rows then drop the second strand of the first colour carry on with two strands of the second colour, then introduce one strand of a third colour drop one strand of the second colour etc.
The scottish tweed background colour was a pale grey and the whole thing graduated just like a watercolour - I can send you a photo if you like :-)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Not crazy, not crazy.

Pooey on the sinus and migraine woes. And good luck today at your new job!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

Hey! Good luck on the new job. You got it, that's great!
(The job I'm at started as a proof reader, and now I get to write the sloppy copy and have someone else proof. Best of luck!!)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oooh, sounds pretty! I think you should go for it!

And good luck at your new job!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home