13 July 2006

DYE-O-RAMA!



I'm so thrilled! SO THRILLED! Isn't this gorgeous? It came from Megan of Stash to Treasure. I love her stash swap idea!

The yarn, it reminds me of an hydrangea, like this one:



It appears to be a skein of worsted weight, so I'm thinking that to make the most of it, I should crochet (YES I SAID CROCHET) a one skein scarf:

One Skein Scarf

I love it! As it happens, I have a ball of Rowan Cashsoft DK slated for an Odessa in a coordinating green I'm thinking about dyeing to be closer to this green. How many packets of green did you use, and what flavor was it? What a great springy set this will be!

Also, Megan sent me a set of felted circle coasters - circles are my favorite shape! I wasn't able to take good pictures of them because it was dark outside yesterday and I had put them on the Matisse's back, laughing at him and pointing, saying "spotted dragon!" For some reason he wasn't amused.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

6 Comments:

Blogger Maddie said...

The yarn is so pretty!

10:14 AM  
Blogger littlehedgehog said...

Yay! It got there!! And what lovely bright colors. I'm so glad you like it :)

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! I've been holding my breath since it went in the mail. I'm glad you like it. Hmm the green started out as 2 packets of the lime flavor, but was too bright so I basically kept adding bits of berry blue to it and a bit of lemon I think. A scarf sounds like a perfect project for it!
~ Megan aka Secret Pal Dye-o-Rama

6:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, definitely like the hydrangeas - gorgeous!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Tiphanie said...

Beautiful! I'm jealous. :) It's going to be one beautiful scarf- even if it's crocheted. *grin*

3:59 PM  
Blogger MEC said...

Those are definitely hydrangea colors.

And yay for crocheting!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home