23 July 2006

Bite

Drying Bite

Remember that attempt for red cotton yarn last weekend?

Bite

After rinsing off the black and the red and the purple and the pink dyes, which had left the yarn looking distinctly lavenderish, this was what was left. Pink, but with a bite. Bite me pink. Not pale baby pink. Lurid, but not fluroscent.

A Tale of Two Pinks

On the left is the Sugar n Cream Hot Pink, and on the right is Bite. I rather like it, even if it's difficult to get a good representation of its color.

Anyone know if it'll just wash out if I wash it? Should I use a fixative? If so, what?

It'll be a hat. Of course. Pretend to be shocked.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Gosh! A hat - who'd have thought!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Remind me what dye you used? That'll help for the fixative.

I like the idea of calling it Lurid Pink. :)

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home