07 June 2006

Wednesdays are for wish lists

What do you choose, when your grandmother emails you, telling you to pick whatever you want, as long as it's not too expensive?

A rug?

A new tv so you can see it from further than 5 feet away, given the slight need to be able to read captions?

A new laptop (ok probably way too expensive)?

A floor screen?

Some kind of new bed and/or headboard?

We know what the Matisse wants. A! Bowl! We can put that on the list too.

Strange as it may seem I honestly feel as though I'm drowning in things somehow, and will be purging more, even though my dressers are virtually empty and I am using only two cabinets in the kitchen and my bedroom closet is virtually empty. How does this work?

What would you choose? Why? Or can you think of something better?

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, it hardly sounds like you're drowning in things!! Maybe you have so few things that having any things make those things seem like too many things.

Or maybe not. ;)

A new TV sounds good! Or a bowl for poor Matisse (ouch! Chaos, I told her, I told her, sheesh).

2:56 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I think maybe you're purging stuff because you're not comfortable yet in your new environment, so this is a way you can try and control it?

Meiko is horrified that there is a cat amongst her acquaintance being left brutally bowl free.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Mr. Sandman said...

Depends on how long you plan to stay where you are. I'd go for the TV, but a new bed/headboard sounds great too.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

Hmmm...something small and memorable. When my nan was alive, she did the same to me. I have a small wooden box for trinkets. It's not extravagant, but reminds me of her. I look at it everyday. Of course, your tastes may be different. (Of course, NOW I wish I had asked her for something of hers, like an old frame, a clock, that sort of thing. I'm corny, I know.)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Tiphanie said...

a television! and that trunk you covet...

4:00 PM  
Anonymous katie said...

I'd vote for the TV (or the laptop) too, because I tend to purchase more things I can use and less decorations like headboards and rugs. Decorations seem to come along one way or another (and in my house they don't all match), and my bed still doesn't have a headboard. :)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home