21 June 2006

A time to kill? No, a time to dye!

Has it been a week already? At least, thanks to the miracle of antibiotics and decongestants, I am feeling markedly better. I don't feel 100% yet, and confess I wonder how long the remission this time will last, but at least for now? I feel better.

And that's enough.

I finally finished the bag that ate my town last night. Prefelted, it is 3 feet long by 2 feet wide, full of stripedy wool hotness, just the thing you want to have on your lap when it's 90 out. Yum. It's done! It's done! The only thing I have left is the 11 foot long strap, which at least is orange so I won't resent it so much. I am possibly a wee bit tired of yellow at this point. Mm.

I also added the last 10 rows that my cascade pastaza bag needed, and went ahead and felted it despite said 90 degree weather and the hot hot hot water in the washer. It made sense at the time. Picasso loves it just as much as he did when it was unfelted, and was observed snuggling up with it and macking it, which was strange given how sopping wet it was. Is. Catchen is weird.

Tomorrow I interview for a job, we will see how that goes.

Following you'll see a bevy of pictures of the dyeorama fun I had. Please note the appropriate use of the chairs. Heeeee.























7 Comments:

Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

Heh heh, and you thought dining chairs were just for dinner!That's looking great. Any tips or secrets, like the kind of yarn or dyes?
That bag sounds HUGE, as does the 11 FOOT strap? Dang, that's some marathon knitting.
Good luck on your impending interview. I hope it works out well for you.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

11 feet?? I admire your fortitude!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Dyeing pictures!! Coolness.

11 feet. Yowza! I'm having flashbacks to felted bag knitting. Eeep!

9:52 PM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Love the dye colors! : ) As for the 11-foot i-cord, would an Embellish-Knit help?

7:30 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

Pretty blues! The dying sounds like fun too. And good luck with the interview!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Did you do feel like you were playing musical chairs as you wound the yarn around the chairs? I know that I did. It worked though, unexplainably I had stripes when I started to use the yarn in socks...dumb luck, that's for sure. No measuring, lots of guessing.

Ann

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Just wanted to check that the dye-o-rama box I sent *still* hasn't arrived? I am sure the chocolate I sent with the yarn has melted and resolidified many times by now. Wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you, but I am going out of town for almost 2 weeks. I'll re-dye you some yarn and sent it to you (with a tracking number!) when I get back.

I am soooo sorry about your wait. Hopefully it just makes it all the more suspenseful! :-)

Thanks, Dye-o-Rama Pal

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home