14 June 2006

On knitting and yarn

This afternoon I went to the yarn shop, hoping to catch the owner so I could talk to her about a part time job. Nothing doing, because she was out and wouldn't be back until Saturdayish. I probably will return on Saturday just to talk to her nicely... seesee.

But before I went to the yarn shop, I had to get ready to go, right? And this was what my bag looked like, before I cleaned it up:



Yeah I know, the yarn threw up. That's what happens when you're knitting an endless bag for Mary! with five different colors of Cascade 220.

Oh, the bag itself so far? Here:



I think it looks nice, but I'm glad it's for Mary! and not for me. I'm doing it with a modified Fibonacci stripe pattern, 4, 4, 8, 16, 32. But the orange yarn is always 2 rows, no matter where it is, so the other four colors move around in size due to the five stripe repeat. Nice, no? The orange stripe is only 2 rows because that's the color I'm making the double I-cord with.

I have to confess that today, when I've lived in the apartment here for two weeks? I hardly remember the old apartment at all. The only thing I miss is the bed. The metal frame, the mattress, the size. That's all. The rest, I hardly remember. I don't know what that means, but that it's the truth.

I don't wish things were different. I just need a job, so I can have minor accidents at the yarn shop, which has all sorts of goodies that I completely need, of course.

PS: dyepal, I'm worried! Your yarn isn't here yet!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Whoa, that is BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT.

I don't think it's bad that you've transitioned to your new space smoothly. That seems good!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ooooh.... a job at a yarn store!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed the yarn I dyed for you is lost in a post office black hole. I was proud of it and thought you'd like it. :-(

I guess its my fault for not getting a tracking id. I'll try again. Sorry about the mix up.

Dye-o-rama pal

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home