09 June 2006

Housewarming Yarn!



Look at the present I got in the mail today from Dave! Immediately upon sighting the box, I had a big :D on my face. Of course, I also got all of the last outstanding boxes too, including the dyeorama yarn, which meant I could finally dye dye dye this weekend, but no, I wanted to open this box first. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The visual texture is similar to Cascade 220, where the yarn is plied and even and doesn't have bumpiness in its plying like Koigu does. Since I love Cascade 220's texture, this is a good thing. But touching it, oooooooh. So much softer, so much more, I don't know the word... Spongy? It's squeezy like a Charmin roll. Squeeze squeeze squeeze squeeze. And also? Squeeeeeeeeze.

I let Dave pick the yarn, and I love the colors, lots of different blues, and some purples and plus a purply-pink that that matches the corduroy jacket Verde and I both have. The picture above doesn't do it justice, and I'll be fashion shooting it before I sully knit it up.

I'd originally been thinking a pillow cover, but you know, that corduroy jacket just needs a matching scarf.... It's so soft next to the skin. I've got 420 yards worth of sport weight... Thinking a lace scarf with this. Any recommendations for a pattern? I'm currently thinking about an all-knit feather and fan, for perfect reversibility. I want something that'll have movement (wavy stripes! Cool!) but won't be obscured by the yarn itself.

Matisse isn't trying to drool this yarn to death, a first because he seems to think wool is edible. Or that it should be. I wonder if he smells lulukitty on it?

I'm being good and not casting on it right.this.very.minute.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, it's lovely! Fun fun fun fun.

Sidney is working on a lovely lace scarf, pictured on 6/5 with the pattern posted on 6/7.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I think the term is 'sproingy'.....

Cast on! You know you want to!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous mrspao said...

Lovely housewarming present!

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home