05 June 2006

Goodies!



Look! A box! A box I had never seen before. A box that didn't have my name as the FROM sender. A box that didn't have forty-eleven layers of tape that seemed like a good idea at the time. (Can you tell I've been getting a lot of boxes? Nine today. Including the possibly overinsured box of knitting needles. And a couple underinsured boxes of yarn. Yay! But I digress.) A box! From Chris.


I was apparently sadly mistaken that this box was meant for me, because just moments after I took the first bad picture, these mousies were on the floor. Does Picasso have mousie-dar or something?


I know at this point Chris is thinking, "wait, there were three mousies for three catchen, where's the third one?"


Well, Picasso was slightly busy with it, as we can see.



Pounce! Watch! Bat!

Now, this is a bad bad bad picture, and for that I flog Benkei the Sidekick with a dry noodle (can't risk frying him, after all), but hopefully you can see the white blob that is the mousie and the very very very very happy Picasso. I love that you matched the mousies to my apartment, Chris!





There were, shockingly, things in the box that were not mousies! Wilton cake icing dye, which can be used for yarn dyeing. Perfect! I sort of owe yarn for the whole dyeorama thing, and um, well, dye! Dye is a good first step. I'm still waiting for the yarn and the pot, which will eventually arrive, I hope, by the end of the week. Dye party this weekend sounds fun! The colors are violet, kelly green, and royal blue, which I think could be fun. They remind me of the dead muppet scarf I knitted Paws. I promise no dead muppets will be scalped for my yarn.... Can't promise about not dyeing catchen, though. Good thing this dye has sugar in it, eh?






Yarn! Good summer knittage yarn, in cotton/linen blends. These have a good hand to them, I can see an early fall scarf in this. One skein is a rather silky one, with the watery blues I've been liking, I'll have to see if it's enough to make the front of a pillow cover, maybe


More yarn! A lovely cream shiny/not shiny plyed ball, I'm not sure yet what I'd make with it but it sure is pretty to look at. I love textures, and this one is an unusual one.


More yarn! Three skeins of DK weight superwash yarn, for you know, the yummy flavored yarn dyes. Heeeee. Sugary yarn. Seriously though this is enough for a scarf, maybe even a hat also if I did it right. Or socks. Socks are good! Depends on what the sugared dead muppet yarn looks like. I love possibilities! Though that's a pretty bad name for the yarn, I'll come up with a better one I promise.


But there was still more! A book stand, to knit and read concurrently, using, you know, books rather than a dvd. Chris did point out to me a while ago that I was reading while knitting already if I was watching dvds. Duuuuuuh. I'm so used to captions and subtitles I'd not thought of it that way, I guess. And! A book with dyeing recipes, for both yarn and fabric. I confess I always wanted to dye fabric, and this was a neat book to read over dinner (sans knitting. One sharp implement at a time, please!) I will have to feel good with dyeing yarn first before I get into farbics, though.... I think.


The cherry on top! That mug IS THE CUTEST THING EVER. Really. I love it! If I ever get my tea (I mailed tea to myself. Shut up.) and my kettle, tea in a catchen mug we come! For now it'll be my water mug. Which I should say, in all truth, it'll be my mmmmmmmmmno kitty MY water mug. There are four paws on the back of the mug. Three for my herd, of course, and the fourth I think of as Chaos's pawprint, because really, this is such a wonderful way to greet my first week in my new apartment. Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much, Chris!

5 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

What a great package!!

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Janine said...

What a super house warming present :-)
Love the mug! Perhaps there is enough of that cream shiny yarn to make a pillow front as well.

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

That's a super special care package. Fun for the WHOLE family. That's going to keep you busy for a while.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You are very welcome! I'm glad it arrived so quickly and was so well received - I picture Picasso looking in the box "What?! No more mice?!"

Enjoy!!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Tiphanie said...

*chuckle* I should do some dying too. Need to settle on a kool aid favor first

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home