03 May 2006

Wednesdays are for a Large Assortment of Pictures


Sproingu Purplu Koigu Socku, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



I started some Koigu socks Monday night. Ooh. No, not toe-up. I am... wussy. That's the word for it. I will try toe up for sure but not yet. Speaking of toe-up guilt, Wendy wins... um a gold star! She was the only one to get it right without any prompting, the subway platform was missing the bumpy tile at the edge of the platform. I will take a picture of a "correct" platform anon.



Sproingu Purplu Koigu Socku, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



And that was as of last night. Not tooooo shabby. I like how the yarn is knitting up! Greys and browns and various purples.


9 AM the next day, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Gallaudet had LOTS of protesting yesterday. Except you know, not. The big cluster in front is a news crew interviewing students.



The next morning, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Some students camped out two nights ago, and did so again last night. Lots of tents and sleeping bags, and I can't help but think, how are they dealing without a convienent plug to charge their sidekicks on?

We are a wee bit addicted to sidekicks about these here parts.




Sign, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Not sure what to think of this banner. The protestors are a small minority at this point. If you want to read what the Washington Post said about our illustrous student body, please go over there and try not to notice as I expire of shame. Makes me sick, the whole thing. It's fine to not like someone, but to dis a deaf person of a deaf family for not being deaf enough, and you come perilously close to my Personal Issue about having deaf people assume that I am hearing, even though dead people hear more than I do, because I dress well and I have good English.


Accidental Catchen, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Tomorrow I would have had Kahlo for precisely seven months. This morning I gave her to a new family. I did not do so lightly, and don't feel like the world's greatest Rebecca for doing it, but I needed to, in order to protect my other catchen and myself. She has always had terrible issues, as I detailed last week, and while she was wonderful for a few days, over the weekend she began to mark everywhere, including my bed every time I slept in it (but left it alone if I slept on the sofa, maddening). The worst thing, though, was her attacking Picasso and hurting him. I will never again mistake playful wrestling for a vicious attack. The two are very different, as I now know. All I can do is hope that I helped make a difference in her life, and wish her peace in her future.

It makes me sad that a little cat can have that much issues wrapped up in such a tiny body.


Young Picasso, originally uploaded by Kammat.



Here's a picture of Baby! Picasso! Because dangit I need some cheering up now. Wasn't he the cutest wittlest minipicasso ever?

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

To be fair to everyone else, it really helps to have intimate knowledge of the metro platforms to see what's missing! :-)

So sorry about the kitty situation. But you did the right thing, and everyone will be much happier now. And yes, Picasso as a baby goes right off the cute meter!! And he has the most perfect tabby "M" on his widdle kitty forehead. Awwwwwwwww!

10:43 AM  
Blogger rene said...

Aww, I'm sorry to read about Kahlo. That's so difficult. But baby Picasso is really darn cute.

And, the purple Koigu sock is looking fantastic! The colors really are gorgeous.

10:53 AM  
Blogger rene said...

P.S. also, Picasso and the bag in the april 30th entry- ADORABLE!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay purple Koigu socks!!

I'm sorry to read about Kahlo. But yeah, obviously she wasn't meant to be part of your family.

*hug*

Baby Picasso = SO CUTE.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

That's such a hard decision to have to make! However, Picasso is completely adorable, and those socks are looking amazing!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from your Dye-o-rama swap buddy! I look forward to reading your blog and dyeing some yarn for you. Have a great weekend!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home