19 May 2006

Verde

Verde is here on the right coast for a few days. She's off with her family for a bit, but she will be back on Sunday and we'll hang out for a few days. Woot! It's wonderful to see her. Unalike me, she works on 47 things at one time. Hee. But like me, she has a love for yarn. She, you see, was the one who Taught Me the Way of the Knittage. And recently, she was in Hawaii. And thought of me! And got me yarn! I'm special.

You know Verde is a real knitter if, you know, she went to a yarn shop in Hawaii. Twice.




I tried to take a picture of the yarn. This worked out really well, as you can see. There was the Picasso, sniff sniff sniff sniff what's this? I think this gets the Manx sniff of approval!


Okay, so I'll stand behind the yarn. This yarn is fully backed by Manx Catchen International!


Eh. How about the full back, Mamochka? Full backing! No?

Oh look! I finally get to take a Picasso-free picture. Pretty shiny stuff isn't it? It's bamboo yarn. Plymouth Yarn Royal Bamboo yarn, to be precise. Color 20. Exciting colorway name here.


Verde said that it reminded her a lot of the ocean and the sky surrounding her in Hawaii. My little piece of Hawaii! I think I'll make a bias eyelet scarf out of this....

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Sandman said...

Send her back ASAP. ;) In the meantime, enjoy your little piece of Hawai'i. :)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh, did you have to crop him out of that picture to have it Picasso free? :)

What is the background for the pictures? It looks knitted! Lovely oceanic yarn...

1:40 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

What a great gift! And Picasso obviously approves...

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Hanna said...

my cat does that too, all the time, when I want to take photos of things!

beautiful cat, and yarn!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Monica said...

The bamboo yarn is so pretty.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home