05 May 2006

Is it Friday? Please oh please oh please.

First of all, I've never crocheted in my life yet. I just have a few crochet hooks, a single crochet book, a pile of yarn, and delusions aspirations thereof. So why is THIS linking a post from my blog? Never mind why it was clicked. Heh.

The things you learn with a site meter.... yow.

You may or may not have noticed there have been no progress shots on the Picasso Bag. That would be because while I have lots of yarn for the double icord, I need one more skein of the main yarn for the bag itself. Oops! I finally admitted this small fact to myself this morning and sent an email to my mother begging for another skein in the same dyelot, since it was purchased as part of the Birthday Yarn Allotment at the yarn shop near her. I will halfassedly diligently work on the double icord in the meantime. So you see, it is not an abandoned project and I don't have project ADD. Really. My love for projects is true, but once one runs out of yarn, one runs out, and all the love of the Picasso does not net one more yarn. Strange, but nonetheless apparently true.



Here's a crappy picture of the purple Koigu sock as of this morning. Really, last night, since I haven't knit on it yet today. I'm heartily sick of the rib pattern but I am diligently continuing because I liked the look of a 2" long rib in the first attempt and dangit I will achieve it even if it takes me 14 more rows with my tiny gauge. I will be measuring every row just in case, of course.


I bent my wookie :(, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



And because I always wanted to say it: I BENT MY WOOKIE! Boo. I apologize for the super-crappy picture above, but the top needle is bent. Can you see it? Is there any way to fix it short of going to the yarn store and buying a new one? I mean, the needle still works, but it's rather annoying.


Man I am lucky!, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Look what was waiting for me when I got home last night! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Socks! Book! A postcard! One ball each of Knit Picks Palette in hycanith and fog!I had been wanting to try out this yarn in socks, so that's perfect. I'll make striped socks based on (appropriately!) the Yarn Harlot's tulip socks, well, minus the multicolor and probably minus the tulips too, but the stripe numbering order and the basic idea of contrasting ribbed cuff, heel flap, and toe. So almost, but not quite exactly unalike these socks.


SockapalOOOza socks with flash, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



These are made of two strands of the Palette carried together, with the "dominant" yarn, or the one being held on top, randomly changing places. Interesting method! I never thought of doing this... and it really creates a neat variegated-like effect. I love the two colors together because they'll be perfect in winter, since I have lavender sweaters and sweaters in this sort of greeny color. I'm guessing it's mint, but it looks nothing like the color in the sock. Sockpal, would you please let me know what this is?

EDITED TO ADD: You're kidding, Sockpal! Color me gobsmacked. The "green" in the socks is actually grey! I'll have to take them outside tomorrow to look again because I would *swear* they were green. Wow. That's fascinating, actually.


Where's my sockpal from?, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Here's where she's from! She's Perpetual Blonde and I absolutely love the design of her website! But I might have a small liking for black/white/pink combinations. See? Here's a bad picture of the umbrella I took to work with me today:


bad picture of good umbrella, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Where was I? Oh yeah. Socks.


Squish squish, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Forgive the lack of beautiful styling and outside poses and other fancy things. It was eighty degrees and those socks, which perfectly fit, comfortable, squishy, pretty, etc etc etc, were also REALLY WARM and I WAS GETTING AWFULLY HOT. Ahem.



But not, apparently, AWFULLY HOT quick enough to not go ahead and try them in my clogs! Perfect fit in the Dansko 39s that I wear with thicker socks. See, even Picasso liked them and gave them the Manx sniff of approval. That means something, I'm sure.

I was going to say more today but that's a lot of words and a lot of pictures and it's already noon and um, I took 3 hours to do this post in between clients and eating processed foods and oh yeah, working, with nary a stitch of knittage, so you know, there's always tomorrow! WHEE.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Keli said...

The mint is the Fog! But yeah, the whole time I knit the two of them together, I kept thikning it sure looked green. but it's grey! Really!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

What great socks! And you are making good progress on the ribbing.

Hmm, can you use a rubber mallet and attempt to pseudo blacksmith your needle straight again?

2:18 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oooh, that purple sock is giving me Koigu envy!

And so good to know that Picasso approves!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home