06 May 2006

I is for Indian handblock tapestries



I own quite a few Indian handblock tapestries that I've collected over the years.



These pictures are of only a few of them.



I am a visual minimalist, but for handblocked tapestries from India, I definitely make an exception!



Usually they are the only printed materials in a room, which makes for a lovely focal point, if you ask me.



I find their imperfections utterly charming, and appreciate the reminder that each piece is unique and that every motif was hand stamped.



I think they're art. Don't you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Good I! And eye. :) They are really cool. And definitely art.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Beautiful! I especially love the blue and white ones.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home