31 May 2006

Casting On

The day began inauspiciously, with my being so exhausted I never felt my alarm clock, which had bizzed continuously for 24 minutes. My mother woke us up, and they had the energy of a small nation while I was a black hole, sucking energy in but having none for myself.

Loading up the pickup truck with my few new old possessions was uneventful, as far as I knew, but loading the catchen in their carriers wasn't. They became agitated and completely freaked out, and even placid mellow Matisse got into the action, bashing his head into the metal door of the carrier enough that his nose became swollen and gashed, with blood everywhere. It was almost as though they'd decided, while I laid there slack-jawed and comatose, that they should band together and surely if they put up enough of a fight they couldn't be taken anywhere. This was their last trip of course, but they don't know this, and it's hard to blame them for their freakout.

I received sixteen of my boxes that I shipped today, all of them boxes I mailed on Saturday. How does that work? I don't know. But I was glad to have a few things, at least, and put it all away and broke down the boxes tonight.

I did no knittage today, but did pick up a pound of Peaches and Creme yarn in white to make dishcloths with. As Verde said, did I ever think a year ago I'd be knitting dishcloths now? Um. No. But does it matter?

The catchen nestled with me in bed in a catchenpile as only they can, and it was good. If sparse and empty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, poor Matisse! Is he ok now?!

But so much less sparse and empty than it would be if there were not catchen...

*hug*

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home