04 April 2006

Tuesdays are for Self Portraits

Or they would be if I didn't chicken out and not upload the really really silly picture of me last night, with velcro rollers on and my eyes lidded in the "mostly asleep but still knitting" position.

Oy!

This month's theme is silly pictures but somehow I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm lame. Feel like begging me to post it? Do so! I might need some coercion encouragement.


Odessa, ready to be frogged, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



True confession: my Odessa? Ended up sucking. I didn't finish it. Let's look at why:


Odessa, DOA., originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Those decreases look horrible! I don't know what I did wrong, but next time I knit Odessa I'm doing it in thinner yarn and doing the hat knitting itself inside out. I typically knit lefthanded and backwards, for the hat I knit lefthanded and right side out, and I wonder if that was what made the decreases look so... lame. If anyone has advice, please give it to me because I'm so frustrated. Sigh.


Koigu in the sunlight, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



To distract us from the spectacular crash and burn of Odessa, let us distract ourselves with a couple skeins of delicious Koigu I got yesterday at Knit and Stitch = Bliss in Bethesda. The name is rather a clunker, don't you think? But it was a rather sweet shop, and they had a lot of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, which neither Knit Happens nor Stitch DC have. Their Koigu selection was micoscopic compared to that of Knit Happens, but it was MUCH easier to find *gasp* two matching skeins of whatever I liked, never mind actually pretty skeins.


Koigu in the flash, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Strange how much pinker and redder it looks with the camera flash as opposed to clean crisp natural morning light.


Birthday Koigu, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Let us feast upon a macro shot of the Yummy Koigu. Browns, creams, blues, pinks, a tinge of red here and there. HELLO.

No, I'm not at this point planning socks with them. Quelle sacrilege. I'm planning a water bottle bag, I think. Burn me alive now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your indoor non-flash photos do look somewhat blue. If you want a more natural sunlight look, you could try experimenting with the white balance settings, if your camera has options for those. Sometimes when there's not as much light the camera has trouble finding the right balance automatically.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Bummer about Odessa! Lovely, lovely Koigu - I'm always fascinated by how different colors look under different lighting conditions...

I think you should post your silly picture!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home