08 April 2006

Saturdays are for SockapalOOOza!

I am so thrilled to finally announce that yes, SOCKING WAS DONE!

I never heard back from the knit shop, so I went ahead this week and ordered Socks Soar on Two Circulars by Cat Bordhi.

If you don't want to read a post about an Inordinately Chuffed Knitter Who Successfully Began and Turned The Heel On Her First Sock, you may want to go elsewhere. I'm just saying. Hee.



When I got home from work Friday, The Book had arrived! I read it through, and my initial reaction was exactly the same as that of Knitter's Review so forewarned was forearmed, and I knew not to despair. And I knew to just TRY IT.



So I did. And it worked! I was so proud of myself when I figured out how this whole one circle on two needles thing worked.

Picasso? Not so much with the impressitude, though. At least he didn't try to eat the yarn. Much.




By 10 PM Friday I had this much. My Sockpal only wanted ankle socks, so I said, ok, 10 rounds, nodding off, this will be Good Enough.



Saturday! Saturday was a day of sockknitting with much sockage! By 2 PM today I had this much done:



I just flew through that heel flap! I had so much fun making it, and it's such a clever cushioned design. I picked up stitches around it and knit the gusset, aka making the sock all spiffy and 3D, and I got this:



I would like to say that I did that on purpose, but um, well, I was only knitting along with the yarn, having decided I would just have fun with it and see what turned out. What a happy coincidence!

By 10 PM, I had this much. And I'd decided I was getting all tired and sleepy, which would be my *gasp* cue to go to sleep.



But not before the Matisse did his best to drool on the sock.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats!! I think turning your first heel is SUCH a kick. The power! The triumph! The sense of mystery that remains! Cute how the color worked out on the heel, too.

Cats. What do they know about knitting anyway? ;)

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home