29 April 2006

Saturdays are for book signings and yarn



Wendy Knits! There was a book signing scheduled for this afternoon at Knit Happens. Would I go? Was there ever any question of that? This was the third of three birthday knit books. Woohoo!

Sign me up! And with green ink yet, perfect for May's Project Spectrum. Wonder what the significance of green ink was? I didn't ask. I should.



What is this?, you ask. Doesn't she have enough yarn?, you think. It's not fair she has a cooler stash than I do when she's been knitting for so little time, thinks Verde. (hee)

Actually this wasn't a yarn shop accident. Or if it was, it was the best kind: free!

I think every knitter's dream is to walk to a yarn shop and be told they have store credit! MmmmMMMmmmMMMmmm store credit. Just possibly the only thing better than yarn yarn yarn molest molest molest yarn yarn. Remember that sock class that never materialized? That's okay. Look at that bowl of yarn!



That is a grey-blue-aqua Lorna's Laces.


The large aqua thingie is a couple skeins of the new Ella Rae classic yarn, which was priced lower than Cascade 220 and is supposed to work just as well. It had a nice hand to it, although its color palette was quite different from 220's.




Koigu! Because um, just because I've not yet made any of my Koigu socks doesn't mean that I don't need really really pretty Koigu. This one is blues, aquas, purples, pinks, and whatever else.
That bright pink blob? Cherry Tree Hill supersock in (gasp!) pink. Shocking hot bright pink. Yum! I'm thinking something fancy, with twisted stitches or cables or lace, to use this yarn to advantage.

The grey blobs you're seeing here and there in the pictures are Rowan 4 ply soft, for the Hedera socks from Knitty. KH didn't have a great selection of colors, and it was a tossup between these and brown. I did think heavily about getting brown, but let's just say that no matter which color I got, I was going to sort of feel like I should have gotten the other color. Which is just another way of saying that Rowan 4 ply soft (which really is yummy) in brown? Will probably accidentally join my yarn family at some point.


Hey, this is the metro platform at Rhode Island Ave. This was taken today. Look carefully. What's wrong with the platform? I, personally, can't believe I never noticed it until today. And no, it's not that weird black blob.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Great photos of all the new yarn. They look yummy!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ok, I can't tell what's wrong...

Cool that you got a signed book! I just got an Anna Zilboorg signed book, from being in class with her yesterday and today. :)

Lots and lots of yummy yarny goodness, too. Mmmmm....

5:58 PM  
Blogger Tiphanie said...

*raspberry* JUST wait till I get my paycheck...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

There's no "textured" edge to the platform?

Green ink cuz green is my fav color! :-)

Didja notice my pen? The Montblanc "Greta Garbo" -- because I am half Swedish. :-)

It was lovely to meet you!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home