21 April 2006

Fridays are for Being a Lemming

Or not. Actually, I saw Chris's blog and thought, HEY! I can do that! Apologies in advance for the crappy quality of pictures, I only have Benkei the Sidekick here with me at work.


Photo 314.jpg, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.




Here's the full shot.


Photo 317.jpg, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



And a couple of closeups.


Photo 316.jpg, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.




I like how different my cursive is compared to my print.

In other news, I'm mildly depressed that yet again someone thought I was hearing. Today's entrant said that she'd told her husband that she was amazed that I had such perfect ASL, better than she did, and she was a third generation deaf person. You know, since I was hearing and all. Except not. This sort of thing happens all the time and I'm sick of it, because 1) deaf people do not, by law, dress differently from hearing people 2) deaf people do not, by law, act differently in a highly identifiable way and 3) deaf people do knit.

Reason number squintillion-million why this job? I will not miss.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

And you don't type any differently. ;) But the cat learning to meow only when you're looking at hime makes sense, suddenly! :D

I like how elegant both your printing and cursive are. They're lovely.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Sandman said...

I. Hate. Deaf. People. Who. Make. Assumptions.

I've been mistaken for a hard of hearing person before (which actually makes sense, sort of-- I *was* hard of hearing til my teens). I have people looking at me and considering me differently because I can speak. Occasionally I get someone who thinks I'm hearing, or wonders if I went to a residential school. Most of the time I put up with it, smile gracefully, and let it go. But there exist rare moments where I want to say, "Idiot!" and slap them upside the head. But that's rare. Most of the time it's "smile gracefully, let it go..."

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home