19 March 2006

Yarn that I Sold My Soul for


Yarn that I Sold My Soul for, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



I really should be ashamed of myself. Buying, on purpose, for myself, yarn that has not a wisp of naturality or nature or you know, handdyed handspun handANYTHING goodness attached to it.

And yarn on clearance at that.

And? Yarn from a store I can't bring myself to admit I procured anything from, except to say that it is a store heavily prevalent in the midwest. And did I say it was on clearance?


George's companion, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



I have this Lion Brand scarf named George. Yours is not to understand, yours is to know, love, and accept. In any case, George is about as far from wool as possible. So when I saw this fuzzy soft variegated color yarn for $1 per in a colorway compatiable with George, I said SQUEE and put it in the cart. It's pretty fuzzy though, so I don't know if a ribbed hat would work, or even be advisable. It will just be a simple pull on cap, one day to bang out, when I feel like it. Which is not right now.


Pink! Eyelash! Chenille!, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



I have three skeins of this hot pink yarn that manages to be eyelashy and chenilley at the same time. Definitely a WHAT THE?!?! moment. And I wonder: is this enough for a hat and a scarf, or should I be asking my mother to get more? Mmmm. I suppose an eyelash hat is just too ridiculous to contemplate, though.



This most definitely will be a fuzzy scarf, probably in just a plain garter stitch to let the, er, colors speak for themselves. Pretty loud and bordering on tastelessness isn't it? And it's SO SOFT and goofy and I will laugh and laugh when I wear it. Which is a good enough reason to own the yarn, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home