08 March 2006

Wednesdays are for Wish Lists


Pile of Knittage, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.

Apologies in advance for the crappy quality of the picture. I do have my camera with me, but of course I can't upload pictures from it to the computers at work. So there's only Benkei. Have pity on him. In the back, the teal thing is my scarf. The multicolored thing is my hat. I wear them together for some strange reason. The purple blob? My current knitting project. Birthday Scarf. That's what it looks like after a full 24 hours. Paaaaaaaaaaathetic. The pace is much quicker now that I switched from my beloved Addi Turbos to bamboos, because Rowan Kidsilk Haze and Addi Turbos? Bad.

But Wednesdays are not only for updates, they're for my wish lists! This week I want to highlight books that are just now coming out, and I completely nonoptionally need them because I'm going to book signings and you can hardly have a book signed that you don't own...

I mentioned this before, but: Mason-Dixon Knitting!



They'll be at Knit Happens on Wednesday April 12th, and at Stitch DC on Thursday April 13th . I'll probably choose to go to Stitch DC since that's closer to work and I wouldn't have to miss any hours in order to get to the store.



Also? Wendy Knits! I read her blog every day and she is a patron of Knit Happens, which is of course my preferred knit shop about these here parts. She'll be having a book signing there, and of course I will want to go!



Knitting rules! Well of course it does! Ok. Ok. You caught me there. There are no book signings at all in my future that I know of for the Yarn Harlot. Irrelevant. I ate up her last book and I know I'll eat this one up with as much glee. She is SO MUCH FUN to read!


The Happy Hooker! Doesn't the title crack you up? I know it does me. I liked this book a lot and would like to learn how to crochet, and there were fun patterns, and yadda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home