01 March 2006

Wednesdays are for Wish Lists

First, catching up on business: Friday was a horrible day, and I ended up going to Stitch DC which is near my job and I was adopted by a couple skeins of flaming pink Manos del Urugay yarn. Exciting! I decided to make a Booga bag with it. I'm delibrately knitting it inside out to make the most of the thick-thin nature of the Manos, and it should hopefully look like a boucle fabric once it's felted. Also, I have given up on the second legging, it was so different from the first that it was the opposite of enchuffening. I haven't decided yet whether I will frog both of them or just the second one and try again. I dunno. But in happier news, I did get the Fall 2005 Interweave Knits so I can make the Mary Poppins bag!

The other week I picked up the Alterknits book. I'm not sure who liked it better, me, or Picasso. :)

I liked the idea of the construction of this hat a lot; it's both a knit and a crocheted hat. Yes, I'd have to learn how to crochet, but that's okay, it is a useful skill for knitting, right? Right. And you know I like hats a wee bit.




This shawl is gorgeous, I think, and I like the idea of the texture/tonal juxaposition with having a piece of silk inserted into the tube of the knitted fabric. Also? Picasso wants this.


This shawl seems so practical! You can see how it can be taken apart or put together into a lap blanket, which is such a nice idea. And it'd be nice and snuggly for travel.





This bag? Is just a cut up sweater intentionally washed on hot and felted. SO TOTALLY DOING THIS. I have a sweater I love but it's pilling faster than I can deal with and I love the idea of repurposing it into something I can use all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home