10 March 2006

Friday! Friday! Friday!

I feel a slight sense of enchuffment about the fact that it is FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY and the longest week in the history of the world? is over! Well okay maybe not exactly over given it is just past 9 AM but you know what? Over enough for me.

I need to note that last night I got the Knit Happens newsletter (pdf) and I learned that Debbie Stoller is coming to the shop! See! Now my request for the book? Not frivolous! Absolutely necessary!



My gramma got me this bag and the book. Isn't she the awesome? The Picasso was not included with the gift, but I don't think he got the memo. Sniff sniff sniff knittage knittage oooo! mine!


Rowan Kidsilk Haze scarf, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



Progress has actually been made on the scarf! Amazing! I may just finish it in the next three weeks... given I have until April 2nd to finish this thing. But it's really not that purple at all... the bad Benkei picture of the other day is more true to its color. I am having fun (finally) knitting it, now that we understand each other, but one bad thing about this setup is that I constantly drop a needle, which makes it crappy for mass transit.



Colorado Sandstone Ranch, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



The most difficult thing about being a yarn addict person unable to contemplate the mere notion of not knitting a person with knitting needles surgically attached is trying to decide on what yarn to bring with me for a week's traumatic separation from my stash vacation. I think I have the paltry sad size stash barely adequate pile of yarn travel stash all picked out. This ball, which was handdyed and handspun by the Colorado Sandstone Ranch, should become a hat, perfect for the mid-week forecast of 40 degree weather.


bag kit, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



I have this bag kit, which is two skeins of Bartlettyarns Fisherman Bulky in spruce and denim, and a pattern for that. It knits up on size 13 needles, which is non-knitterese for Pretty Darn Big. I'm thinking I'll start the bottom of it tonight if I can, and knit it all tomorrow. And then felt it while in Illinois! Yeah!


Birthday Hat kit, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.




Birthday Hat, originally uploaded by Frarochvia.



In the mornings while my mother is at work, assuming I'm awake, I want to get to work on my Birthday Hat, which is also due April 2nd, given the whole lack of desire for last-minute frantic knitting on The Actual Day. It's pure cashmere and pure gorgeous and absolutely unfroggable, so I want to only knit it when I have focused uninterrupted time.

Does anyone other than me find it terminally amusing I spent all week carefully thinking about my knittage options and what to bring, and lovingly packing up all that stuff, but? My clothes? Still not packed. Toiletries? Still all over the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home