14 February 2006

C is for cookie


Did you think this post would be about the holy goodness that is the One True Cookie, chocolate chip cookies?

PSYCH!

When I was little, in the dark ages before the ADA law, very few things were captioned and fewer yet were the caption boxes. Before every TV had to have a caption chip from 1993 on, the only place I could watch television was at home on my TV in my bedroom, with an analog caption decoder. And that was only in 1986, when I was eight years old.

One of my fondest memories is watching Sesame Street, one of the very first shows to have captions, and watching Cookie Monster sing:

Now what starts with the letter C?
Cookie starts with C
Let's think of other things
That starts with C
Oh, who cares about the other things?

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C

Hey you know what?
A round cookie with one bite out of it
Looks like a C
A round donut with one bite out of it
Also looks like a C
But it is not as good as a cookie
Oh and the moon sometimes looks like a C
But you can't eat that, so

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me, yeah!
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C, yeah!
Cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C, oh boy!
Cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C!

Umm-umm-umm-umm-umm


I can't remember where I put my glasses nine times out of ten, but I will always remember Cookie Monster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home