19 November 2005

Unintended consequences

Of course, being a deaf person, I'm used to being stared at in public for using ASL and you know, generally being my blue skinned green antennaed self.

conspicuous.

Tonight, when Verde and I were waiting for seats for dinner, she was mending yet another horrible Frarochvia fuckup casting on 126 stitches for the back of my pink 2x2 rib sweater, and I was balling up my cashmere yarn from the skein. That in itself wasn't anything special of course, except that we were stared at the entire time by two well-mannered fraternal twin girls who sat and watched us with our yarn in wide-eyed silence.

I have to admit, it was really nice to be stared at for something other than being a deaf person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home